2/27/2006

Blobbing

Blogging is an interesting medium. It is writing, sharing pictures, stories and life. It is community. The odd thing about it is that it is out on this big scary internet. Some people are open bloggers. Meaning that they have no problem with people knowing who they are, their kids names and where they live. I am in that category. I think that there is always a chance of some weirdo finding out who you are and stalking you, but that chance is small, and worth the risk in my opinion. Some people are not so open bloggers. They protect their family's privacy by not telling names, sharing pictures or saying where they live. That's cool with me. They are not willing to take the risk mentioned above. I guess the bottom line is that This is the Internet. No matter how careful you are, someone (if they want to) will always be able to find out your information. If this makes you uncomfortable, then don't blog. It is a free world, I am aware of my risks, I am not going to publish any personal information about any of my friends on my blog without their permission first. This has always been my policy. I ask before I post. But, this is my blog and I will blog what I want to. I am not going to be censored by someone else's uncomfortableness. One more uncomfortable subject. Anonymous comments. I have these open on my comments because I want everyone who wants to be able to comment to go for it. I think it's stupid to have to have a Blogger account to post a comment. That being said. I have a friend, who let me know, that someone from my blog, posted on her blog some rude comments about her personal life. This has caused my husband and I to no longer have contact with this person. If this ever happens again, I will be devastated. It is rude, immature, and just really crass. Whoever did this is not someone I want reading my blog. So, person, back off! Get out and never come back. To do this to someone else who comments on my blog is against any sense of decorum, or politeness. It is just un-called for. So, think of this as me being a little ticked off, and shooting off a blog without proof reading it. Don't get angry with me I am just expressing my thoughts and feelings about the said subject. Sorry if I offend.

3 comments:

Keithclan said...

It would be WAY to difficult for me to keep up with screen names for all my kiddos... and since I get about 3 hours uninteruptted sleep a night...I guess I feel safer with the tracking thing (my vocabulary gets worse everyday) you know what I mean.
Anyway, I have allowed my 10 and 7 year olds to have blogs, we keep very close watch on them and I think it is great practice using the keyboard of the computer and not just the mouse.
Sorry about the weirdos, they try to ruin everything and you can't let them win! Keep blobbing!

Unknown said...

Okay, vent time is over. Post something fun or whatever. Photos of the Gymboree extravaganza perhaps??

brooke said...

we are always thinking at the same time. wow.