12/26/2005

santa was good, but i'm glad he's gone

ok, so karen, you were right. santa was very good to my spoiled brats. not only did oliver recieve cranky (from my mom). but santa brought him...drumroll please....the coveted ROUNDHOUSE. but, to make sure that my holiday was far from perfect, oliver discovered it HIDDEN under stuff in the garage a few days before. so i had to make up some dumb*** story about how santa's sleigh was really full and he had to drop it off early. then, to really top things off I FORGOT CHARLIE! oh yeah, mother of the year, here i come! oliver runs in christmas morning to see what santa brought, and he goes, ' oh, no. santa didn't bring charlie anything. she must be a really naughty girl'. yeah. good move mom. so then came another dumb*** story about how he left it on the front porch for her. i am officially Retarded. nice huh? so, that was our christmas in a nutshell. the kids got ridiculous amounts of toys and oliver is in heaven with all the new thomas train paraphanalia.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. But I did. And I still am.

Ok, I've gotten ahold of ma-self. The Roundhouse . . . Go Santa! even if his sleigh is too small. S has neither of those pieces although he'd like to. He does have the Sodor car wash?

All week S has been asking if he or B will still get presents everytime one of them acts naughty. It's been fantastic leverage.

Keithclan said...

so i asked Sonya J. if any of her kids believed in Santa. "Nah, they don't believe in that stuff. They be seein' on TV how he leave cookies and milk and stuff and they say, 'If Santa's real, why don't he never do that for us?' They's real smart like that."
So actually, in comparison, you ARE mother of the year!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing the crap we tell our kids and they believe it? I don't think it counts as lying....I think God sees it as creative parenting. :)