1/18/2006

Life in the burbs

The first thing you have to know about life in the Burbs is that you can expect to be a full 10 years younger than anyone of the other mothers in your child's preschool class (exception being Mel) Second thing....It's all the same. The houses are all off white or light yellow. You'll find all the same stores at each major intersection. Third thing...The above mentioned mothers all had a 'career' before their birthing plans. They make comments like, oh I miss working, when I had my career...so on and so forth. Fourth thing...It's eerily quiet here. I can go outside and not hear anything for like 20 minutes. Never was like that in Mesta Park. Fifth thing... Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. It's weird. I like it in a weird way. I hate it in a normal way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find a little of both in my Burb.