1/20/2006

What I woke up to

What a winter day. Nice. I hate to say it, but I'm already sick of the snow. Here has been my week thus far. Monday-Charlie has a croopy sounding cough, I should take her to the Dr. I take her and they say the famous last words...It's just a cold. Um, yeah, could I have my $50 back ?? Nick comes home with a nazi - looking haircut. Tuesday- spend the day in loveland with the in-laws. Oliver started coughing on the way up there but I thought (of course) that he was faking it b/c Charlie was coughing. I call my personal pharmacy of Ashli and ask what to give Charlie for that awful cough. Go to walmart and get it. a peaceful night's rest. Wednesday- get a call that indeed Oliver was up all night coughing. I pass on my newly acquired medicine knowledge (so I look like I know what I'm doing) and go on with my day. Go to work, come home , go to bed. Thursday- MIL comes home with Oliver around 1130. He wasn't looking all that great, but he said he wanted to go to school, and it was the day of the secret sound N. So, off to school we go. I briefed the teachers as to the cold and told them not to hesitate to call if he seems sick. 330pm. Pick Oliver up....This child was ASLEEP. We're talking about my son who has not had a nap since his sister was born. They said he went over to the beanbag pillow and just conked out about 20 minutes before I got there. I felt him and he was burning up. Oh yeah, 104.5 baby. awesome. rush him to the dr office where they rule out rsv and the flu (even though he had the shot), and tell me, um yeah, it's a virus. call on Sunday if he is still running a fever. I come home, put the kids to bed, and drink 2 big glasses of white wine. Perfect ending to a not so perfect day. Are you all reeling with jealousy yet??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sick kids. I feel for you. Nothing takes it out of you more than sick kids. Except maybe barfing and trying to care for kids. Or caring for kids and a sick husband. Or maybe . . . ok being a mother just takes it out of you.