2/09/2006

I Used to Be Funny

I really did. When we lived in England I almost always had something witty or inspired to write about. Living out the the 'Burbs is drying me up. (and yes I could mean that in more than one way.) So, I miss Oklahoma. I am jealous of Ashli and Jamie and Ginny and their group of mom's that has their coffee date on Thursday nights. I keep asking Ashli, If I lived there, could I be in the group? Please, Please, Please? It's not like I don't have friends here, I do. I have two. Melanie (who is the only normal woman who lives in Highlands Ranch besides me, and who is just a lot of fun) and Kelly. But, she is from Oklahoma, but is leaving me to go reside in the sooner state once again. I miss eating breakfast on Sat morning with the Scotts at Brazil, I miss going to Galileo's or Isis. I even miss the Conaco at 23rd and Western, and the girl that works there in the morning. I miss all the drama of Mesta Park, and all the MEXICAN FOOD to be had in the big OKC. I have a couple of good blog ideas, so stay with me readers (all 4 of you) and you'll be entertained.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll keep reading! you're the only blogger i read that actually posts early enough so that i can read it at the end of my work day!

Unknown said...

sorry you're homesick for Oklahoma. maybe you should take a break from your suburbia and come visit our suburbia where you can really go out of your mind and want to scratch your eyeballs out with a fork from all the conservative people.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny when life makes you dry? Ok, that's wasn't funny really. I've had those dry patches too. And I get your double meaning Cuz....I REALLY DO.

Anonymous said...

You always make me smile, Brooke. Be sincerely you and the funny stuff will flow naturally.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke- I have tried to post like 3 times and it never works...I'm going to try again! OF COURSE you can be in our group, that would be so fun AND I think you are incredible funny but you would def have more fun here in the big OK--so come back soon.
Ginny