2/23/2006

So I went to this scrapbooking store....

I know, the question is, why. why why why?? Because I want to make my own invitations for Chickies First Birthday Party. Here is the following interaction I had with the salesgirl... SG: Can I help you find something? B: Yes, I'm looking for crowns to go on my daughters birthday invitation. I've never been in here before and it's a really big store! SG: We don't have any of those, you'd think we would because they are so popular but we don't. So, where do you normally get your scrapbooking stuff? B: I don't scrapbook. I'm not very crafty. SG : the sales girl gives me a weird look, then just says "OH" SG: That's pretty brave of you to make your own invitations if you don't even scrapbook. B: Um, Yeah. (brooke walks very quickly out of the store)

6 comments:

Amanda Fortney said...

I believe in you.

Unknown said...

Ok, that is sad. First that there are no crowns and second because she made you feel dumb. Everyone starts somewhere. Don't give up!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I was prone to cuss on a regular basis, you KNOW what name I would call her. That was just rude, rude, rude!!!

ashli said...

sorry, we're not freaks b/c we don't choose to scrapbook and put those cheesy ass little stickers and captions around all of our kid's pictures! Nothing against the scrapbookers out there, but some of those die hards are so weird about it!

Kristen said...

Oh, please. (I'm not crafty myself, Brooke. I attempted one a couple of years ago...quickly gave up). Go back and MAKE her help you. It's her freakin' job!!

Unknown said...

Ok, so I like those little stickers and captions but I've decided they'll have to wait until everyone is in school full time. Or maybe married and out of the house full time.